At buzzle.com there is an article "What Did God Design You To Be?" The article has some good stuff in it that I plan on using, but went down a short rabbit trail about Bible Study. The rabbit trail part of the article was about the Question Method Bible study. I want to encourage you to use this in your personal devotional times and see if it helps you.
When you read a passage of Scripture, you should ask yourself these questions:
- What did I like, or not like about the passage?
- Was there something I didn't understand?
- What did I learn about God?
- What did I learn about myself?
- What nugget of truth can I take with me today?